AboutCRC for Marine Bio-products and Biotechnology
Australia’s unique and diverse marine biota presents a compelling opportunity to build a world class marine bio-products and biotechnology industry.
The MBB-CRC is a major development initiative between global leaders in research and industry to generate valuable and sustainably produced marine-sourced bio-products, with matching co-investment from the Australian government.
1. Pathways from bio-marine discovery to markets in health, nutrition, agriculture, aquaculture, and biomaterials.
2. Export markets and significantly increased revenues for Australia’s marine bio-economy.
3. The establishment and expansion of sustainable marine bioresource production facilities stimulating regional economies and employment in Australia.
4. A dynamic integration of the marine science and biotechnology with Australian and international industries.
5. Next generation of industry-ready graduates focused on translating discoveries into the bio-economy.